What have The Strength Yard been doing to mitigate the health risk?
We are closely monitoring the situation and will adjust our responses in line with any ministry guidelines.
If there are any changes, we will post it to our social media pages as well as via email.
Therefore, please check in every now and then to keep yourself up to date.
In the meantime, we have:
1. Stepped up the frequency of our cleaning/disinfecting of gym equipment.
2. Placed disinfectant sprays and paper towels at both levels for our members to wipe down the gym equipment before and after use.
3. Placed hand sanitizers at strategic locations for our members and staff to use.
4. Implemented temperature checks as well as health declaration for our members when they enter the gym.
5. Suspending all casual passes/walk in services, only members are allowed into the gym with a card access.
6. Implemented a booking system to restrict capacity of the gym.
7. Reduced the max capacity of our Progressive Strength Classes to 5 Pax (Not inclusive of coaches or staff) with 2 meters safety distancing (2 arms-length) safety distancing in place.
8. Limiting Open Gym capacity to 8 pax per hour (Not inclusive of coaches or staff) with 2 meters safety distancing (2 arms-length) in place and a max training duration of 2 hours.
9. Ensure all staff are to wear a mask during their shifts.
What can you do to help?
We all have a part to play in order to keep the gym safe for all of us.
In addition to our added preventive measures, we seek your cooperation in the following:
1. Remember to take your temperature and clock in your details at the booth upon entry
2. Sanitize upon entering the gym and before you leave. We have sanitizers located at the front of the gym at the temperature booth as well as at the counter behind.
3. Do not show up at the gym if you are having a fever (Above 38 Degrees Celsius) or exhibit visible symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, breathlessness or runny nose.
4. Disinfect the gym equipment and wipe them down with the paper towels provided before and after use. Please dispose the towels in the bin immediately after.
5. Make a booking through the booking system before heading down.
6. Adhere to the 8 pax per hour (Not inclusive of coaches or staff) capacity limit and 2 meters (2 arms-length) safety distancing in place with a max training duration of 2 hours for Open Gym.
7. Adhere to the max capacity of 5 Pax (Not inclusive of coaches or staff) with 2 meters safety distancing (2 arms-length) safety distancing in place for our Progressive Strength Classes .
8. Minimise socialising while in the gym.
9. Bring your own towel.
10. It is recommended to wear a mask while in the gym but can be taken off during strenuous activity.
When will the restrictions and measures be lifted?
As much as we hate to impose such a drastic measure, we deem it necessary so as to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff.
At this moment, we do not have a dateline in mind but we will continue to monitor the situation and review our policy accordingly.
What will The Strength Yard do if there is found to be a confirmed case within the gym?
Fingers crossed it does not get there. But if so, we will close the premise and have the place thoroughly disinfected.
Members will be informed and we will assist the authorities with any relevant information. Any updates thereon will be shared via our various channels.