What have The Strength Yard been doing to mitigate the health risk?
We are closely monitoring the situation and will adjust our responses in line with any ministry guidelines.
If there are any changes, we will post it to our social media pages as well as via email.
Therefore, please check in every now and then to keep yourself up to date.
In the meantime, we have:
1. Stepped up the frequency of our cleaning/disinfecting of gym equipment.
2. Placed disinfectant sprays and paper towels at both levels for our members to wipe
down the gym equipment before and after use.
3. Placed hand sanitizers at strategic locations for our members and staff to use.
4. Implemented temperature checks as well as travel declaration for our members
when they enter the gym.
5. Reduced the max capacity of our Progressive Strength Classes as well as suspending
all casual passes/walk in services and limiting Open Gym capacity to 8 pax to maximize safe distancing between members.
6. Suspension of membership for 2 weeks for anyone who has been overseas recently.
What can you do to help?
We all have a part to play in order to keep the gym safe for all of us.
In addition to our added preventive measures, we seek your cooperation in the following:
1. Remember to take your temperature and clock in your details at the booth upon
2. Sanitize before and after you leave. We have sanitizers located at the front of the
gym at the temperature booth as well as at the counter behind.
3. Do not show up at the gym if you are feeling unwell or exhibit flu like symptoms like
a cough or fever.
4. Disinfect the gym equipment and wipe them down with the paper towels provided
before and after use. Please dispose the towels in the bin immediately after.
5. Adhere to any stay home notices/leave of absences if you have any, and do not show
up to train at the gym. Inform us and we will help you suspend your membership in
When will the restriction on day passes/walk-ins be lifted?
As much as we hate to impose such a drastic measure, we deem it necessary so as to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff.
At this moment, we do not have a dateline in mind but we will continue to monitor the situation and review our policy accordingly.
What will The Strength Yard do if there is found to be a confirmed case within the gym?
Fingers crossed it does not get there. But if so, we will close the premise and have the place thoroughly disinfected via an NEA appointed agency.
All members will be informed and we will assist the authorities with any relevant information. Any updates thereon will be shared via our various channels.