How To Do A Pigeon Pose For Hip Mobility
View this post on Instagram
Looking for more ways to increase your hip mobility?
Try out this Pigeon pose variant to deeply stretch the hip muscles and butt muscles of the front leg and hip flexors of the back leg.
• Begin by squaring yourself against a bench and lower your hind leg whilst folding your front leg across your body.
• Bringing your torso forward may help to deepen the stretch, but it may also cause stress on the front leg and knee, to avoid this just simply keep your torso upright.
• However, if you are flexible enough, you can try to bring your head to a lower position to increase the stretch and relax your neck.
• Lastly you can use a block or pad to rest your hind knee on, as it can help make the stretch more bearable.
• Repeat on the other side.
Looking for a Professional to help with your fitness goals? Click HERE to see our Classes and Personal Training options!