How To do The Cradle To Stretch Lower Back
The cradle AKA The true lumbar stretch to loosen up the muscles around the lumbar region.
• Lie flat on your back.
• Place your hands around the back of your knees.
• Crunch your abs as you bring your knees closer to your chest.
• Start generating momentum from your abdominal crunch to cradle back and fourth.
• Cradle back and fourth till you feel looseness in both your hamstrings and lumbar.
• Straighten your knees and bring your toes as far back as you can comfortably (The lumbar/lower-back region should be feeling the stretch and not the thoracic/middle-upper back).
*Take your time to progress to being able to reach the floor with your toes*
Looking for a Professional to help with your fitness goals? Click HERE to see our Classes and Personal Training options!